Jennifer Herrington is a literary agent with Harvey Klinger Literary Agency.
“As an associate agent with the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency, I am actively building my list in the middle grade, YA, and adult categories. I am looking for character and voice-driven books that I connect with on an emotional level. I want a book that makes me laugh or cry and extra points for both! I’m especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ+ stories and voices in the mentioned categories.
In middle grade fiction I’d like to see:
- Contemporary stories that deal with tough and realistic issues kids are facing today.
- Stories that feature humor and adventure.
- Paranormal, fantasy (except high fantasy), mystery, horror, and graphic novels are also of special interest.
In YA fiction I’d like to see:
- Feel-good contemporary and contemporary romance.
- Paranormals with strong world building and an interesting twist in vamps, wolves, or witches.
- Romantic Comedy.
- Mystery series featuring a YA detective.
- Sci-Fi, fantasy (except high fantasy), horror, and graphic novels are also of special interest.
In Adult fiction I’d like to see:
- Romance with a fresh twist on trope-driven plots include best friend’s little sister/brother, enemies to lovers, friends to lover, etc. I like sweet to spicy.
- A strong sports romance (would love a heroine athlete!) or a sexy cowboy.
- Dark paranormal romances with gritty vamps, wolves, or witches. Think outside the box for world building.
- Romantic Comedy with snarky protagonists and hilarious plot lines.
- Romantic Suspense with equal parts steamy as action.
- Mysteries, thrillers, and suspense that keep me up all night.
- Sci-Fi and fantasy are also welcome.